Sage Greenwood is the Managing Director and part owner of WINK Models as well as the co-founder of Golden Grind, Australia's finest Turmeric Latte Blend.
WINK Models is one of Australia's leading commercial modelling agencies, representing over 650 models nationally with an annual turnover of $3 million. Critical to this success has been Sage’s innate ability to predict trends and remain innovative amongst a very saturated market.
Now when you think of model’s we all assume they are all looks and no brains, don’t make the mistake and be fooled into thinking this about Sage. She has completed a double degree in law and commerce at Victoria University finishing law with honours. While Sage was passionate about law and, in particular, numbers, she was more drawn towards a business where she could create real impact. In late 2013 Sage approached WINK Models Founder and CEO, Taryn Williams, to set up a Melbourne division for the company and the rest is history.
Sage is the epitome of ‘breaking the mould’ when it comes to modelling. Starting out in her teens in a cut-throat world where girls were expected to change, alter and lose weight just to get the job, Sage’s inner compass and academic history directed her towards a higher road. She joined WINK Models, an industry leading agency known for its healthy perception and projection of beauty, and seven years later is now the Managing Director and part owner.
She has also co-founded with her sister and brother-in-law Golden Grind, Australia's finest Turmeric Latte Blend. This stuff is very tasty and super healthy with all the added anti-inflammatory and other health benefits of turmeric.
There are some jewels of wisdom from Sage in this interview so without further ado please welcome Sage Greenwood.
SUBSCRIBE ON I-TUNES
- In your opinion what do you think is the biggest public misconception about models and model agencies?
- As you started at Wink Models Melbourne as a model yourself, do you have any funny ‘model mishap stories’ that you can remember or try not to remember?
- What's the story of how you came to be managing director of Wink Models, specifically your transition from Model/ graduate to Managing Director?
- Could you give me a run down of Wink Models and what you guys are trying to achieve?
- What are some of the biggest lessons you have learnt working under Taryn Williams and how have they helped you step into the Managing Director role at Wink Models?
- What are the biggest challenges for you as managing director?
- Do you feel being young helps or hinders your position and have you been tested by older clients testing your ability to deliver in that position?
- Can you tell me a little bit more about your new venture Golden Grind?
- Where does the passion for health come from?
- What’s it like working with your family?
- Could you describe your daily/ weekly rituals or secrets that help you stay at the top of your game? (meditation, exercise, eating healthy, sleep etc.)
- Can you tell me what does a standard day look like for you?
- If you could give advice to your 20-year-old self what would it be?
- When you think of successful Australians who do you think of and why?
- After talking with many people it seems to me the biggest reason people don’t start a company or follow their dreams is money and self-belief. What advice would you give to a 20 something-year-old who wants to start a business, has a job and is living week to week with a small amount of savings say $2000-$5000 dollars?